Sunday, August 5, 2012

Happy Days

Happy days are far more preferable to no good, very bad days.  I love the mornings where she wakes up and is a ray of sunshine.  I can see her dimples when she is radiating joy.  Nothing can phase her.  She bounces on air.  She is very playful and fun.  She takes more initiative on these days and tries new things out.  She managed to take off her diaper, go potty, and clean herself up this morning.  She was so proud.  So what if she went commando most of the morning?

She slept all through the night in her own bed.  God bless us all.  It is amazing what a good night's sleep can give for the family.  We had a nice morning snuggling while she drank her bottle and watched a combination of the Olympics and "Little Bill".  By the way, I love "Little Bill". The music is my favorite part.  It is jazz - real jazz - not the smooth jazz stuff that other people I know like to listen to in the evenings.  Sometimes they riff on nursery rhymes.  A lot of the time they don't, and I can watch that show forever because the music is so good.  Yes, I get the theme song in my head, but it doesn't matter.

She had a melt down at 1:30 and I put her down for a nap by singing about rainbows.  She went down really fast (for once) while I was completely mauling "Somewhere over the rainbow".  I know we sang that song & other rainbow medleys as part of our sing choir, but I have forgotten most of the words.  I made up better ones.  LOL.

Apparently, I have joined the ranks of parents who can understand their kids, but no one else can.  With her speech impediment, some days are harder than others (zoo sounds a lot like shoe, sew, too, noodles, etc.) but we are getting it.  Chocolate sounds a lot more like chocolate these days than "shower" which is what it used to sound like a long time ago. I know I will forget these things and need to write them down to remember.  Yesterday, Sofie went to the zoo with her Daddy and they went to the Dinosaur exhibit because she had been pestering her dad for half an hour about it.  Apparently, the Dinosaur exhibit has very realistic, lifelike, huge animals that move and make alarming "roaring" sounds.  It was a disaster.  Our little girl went quietly in her stroller and hid behind her hands while they walked through the park.  Even a train ride did nothing to quell her fears.  When she got home with him, I asked if they wanted to go to lunch for Noodles (her all time favorite food).  She said no. She didn't want dinosaurs.  I asked if we should take off her shoes.  She said she didn't want dinosaurs.  I asked her if she wanted a sandwich.  She said that there could be no dinosaurs.  You get the picture right?  No more dinosaurs for awhile.

I am rambling, but that is where we are at the moment. She is blissfully napping, and I am enjoying a moment of solitude while the hubby enjoys his with the Olympics.  Happy Days to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment