Monday, August 20, 2012

Still waters

Sofie had some major accomplishments this week that are note worthy.  First, we took her swimming at the Y for the second time ever (first time in pool with me), and Sofie was brave enough to put her head under the water multiple times and blow bubbles.  I showed her how to do it once, and she tried it 50-60 times.  She also was able to float by putting her hands on the bottom of the pool (1' deep), and her legs went right up.  She also floated on her back which was pretty exciting too.  She loves the water.

Also, this week, we received notice at her preschool that they are moving her up to the 4 year old age group.  I can't believe she would move from the 3 years to the 4 year olds in two months.  Her dad is going to discuss it more with the preschool tomorrow to find out what the impetus for this was.  She totally IS a smarty pants - can identify all 26 capital letters.  She also can read Mickey Mouse and Dinosaur Train.  But, I didn't think she was at 4 year old level. That is totally surprising.

Doing the work/life balance things has been tough the last few weeks.  We have been getting ready to roll out a new version of software, budget for 2013, and building requirements for the rest of the year. Things are crazy.  I am working too much, and now I have a last minute trip to India coming up this weekend.  I am hoping that my departure will not create too much disruption in her life (with behavior regression). We have almost gotten to a stable point since all the visitors left.  It has been about 4 weeks now, and she finally isn't having night terrors most nights, she has a routine, and she tells us she is feeling happy.  I will cross my fingers on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment