Friday, August 24, 2012

Traveling again

I am traveling to India on Sunday a few months early... We had a last minute situation come up at work, and we need to visit our vendors.  I am feeling some trepidation leaving the family because Sofie has been extra needy lately.  We believe she has been abused in her past based on certain things that have come up recently and it is going to be hard to leave her.  She is feeling extra vulnerable because she was recently moved up a level at preschool (now with the 4 year olds) and none of her friends moved with her.  It is a tough situation because we are delighted she is so bright, but she had finally made some good friends at school... We feel for her.  Every time she gets comfortable, something changes in her life.  I guess this happens pretty regularly in my life too, so I am passing on the uncertainty to her. I hope she can cope.

Since she doesn't have much concept of time yet (now, sometime, sometime in the past) we haven't really talked about the trip yet.  My husband thinks I am springing this on her and torturing her because I planned to tell her tomorrow, but I really didn't want to worry her week since she doesn't understand time anyway.  I hope she is fine.  We have Skype but India is 10.5 hours different in time zone (24 hour trip) and it will be tricky to get her when she is awake.

Anyway, I am feeling some anxiety about leaving her.  I will only be gone from Sunday - Friday morning, but it is still hard.  I am relieved that there is a 3 day weekend next weekend and I will have some time to recover from the time change.  Hopefully there will be pictures.  This is the first time for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment