Monday, February 9, 2015

#MicroBlogMondays - As you wish

I don't know if any of you are subscribers to Amazon Prime or not, but this month, there is a new series of books by Rysa Walker that is available for the monthly "share", and I am obsessed.  "Timebound (The Chronos Files Book 1)"

Of course it is a trilogy, and of course, only 2 are out in print.  *sigh* Another cliffhanger.

The premise of the book is that in the future, historians figure out how to travel through time and choose to visit important events to capture what "really happened."  Of course, there is a dark lord who tries to take advantage of the time traveling, end the world, and he must be stopped.

In comes Kate, who has inherited the ability to travel through time with additional special powers that distinguish her from the other time travelers.  She is a teenager (I am still at heart; aren't you???), and she is still obsessed with the "Princess Bride".  (Rysa posted this link to a recent interview with Cary Elwes in case you are feeling nostalgic).  She seems to be a cross between Buffy Summers and Jess from "the New Girl" to me.  Every step she takes changes the world's future (and timeline).

If you like the idea of time travel, historical fiction, love triangles and nasty villains, it is a fun read.  I might have to watch "The Princess Bride" this weekend too.
Don't know what #MicroblogMondays is? Check it out here.

3 comments:

  1. I love time travel but..only a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny -- this is the second time Princess Bride has been mentioned this week. Think I'm going to take out the DVD and have the kids watch it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun read! I'll keep it in mind. My co-workers and I were just discussing Princess Bride at work the other week. I should try watching it again. :)

    ReplyDelete