Saturday, July 14, 2012

Home without visitors/travel/etc

This is the first weekend in a very, very long time (months and months) where:
1) We have no visitors staying in the house
2) I am not leaving the country/traveling
3) I am not coming home from international travel
4) We have no visitors arriving tomorrow (they are coming on Wednesday, LOL).
5) No one is sick... except if you don't count my hubby having back probs
6) None of the combinations above are happening at the same time

It is a nice thing to have the house to ourselves.  My hubby took pity on me and let me take a nap today from 11 - 2:30.  It was amazing.  I got sleep.  It was amazing.  He took Sofie to the grocery and I got some peace and quiet.  It rained so hard while I napped that it woke me up (and I was feeling bad for Pita because she was outside) but I didn't feel bad enough to go out searching for the cat.  The hubby told me that it didn't rain where he was, so that was good too.  I was feeling bad he was carting around Sofie in the rain, but it was ok.  Oh, and the house didn't flood.  Also good.  Some parts of Houston got 14 inches in 24 hours (YIKES) and I am glad it wasn't us.

My carpal tunnel is acting up, I believe due to the last month of crazy work schedules.  I got a massage last week and my therapist told me that I need to make sure I stand up every hour and stretch for a couple minues... I tend to go 6 hours without moving I think and it isn't so good for the body.  I have some bad spots in my left shoulder, right elbow, ribs, lower back and right hand.  This week I tried to take it more easy, remembered to set an alarm to go off every hour a couple of the days, and the hubby put pressure on me to come home after 10 hours.  I made that one 3 out of 5 days which was a big improvement over the last couple months.  It is hard to balance work, Sofie, him and myself.  I struggle big time.

Sofie has been wonderful this week. When she smiles completely, I see her heart & her happiness and everything is worth it.  It makes my heart smile too.  Real, honest to goodness, legitimate smiles.  She is amazing.  We had a super special day on Tuesday where we made chocolate chip cookies (learned ingredients, measures, stirring, sneaking bites out of the bowl, portioning out on cookie sheet, baking, cooling, etc.).  It was awesome.  Then we did some very cool dancing to "Water Music"and Sofie showed off her BREAK DANCING skills.  She is too cool for our house!  I need to get her enrolled in dance classes this fall.  She scooted her little butt in a circle while her legs propelled her around.  She also jumped forward on one arm and kicked both legs in the air (and didn't fall over).  Way too coordinated. Did I mention that the hubby taught her to drop kick a size 4 soccer ball in the house this week?  We had a narrow miss with my coffee this morning.  She has the best fine motor skills ever.  I say this while she has the most bruised legs i have ever seen because the practicing to do this show boating for mommy has taken its toll on her little body.

What else?  She is talking more and more.  It is amazing.  She is working on "t's" and "d's" with the speech therapist (really hard).  She can't say "c" or "k" sounds yet.  Her p, b, and q sounds are great.  S, f, and j are good too.  Did I mention before that she is talking in full sentences (and sounds just like me?!?!?!)?  Does everyone groan when they hear certain phrases coming out of their kid's mouths that sounds very groan up?  Not cursing, but just situational stuff?  It makes me laugh and shake my head.  I love that kid.

Hope you have a good one.


No comments:

Post a Comment