Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Going to grandma's

So, on Sunday, I had like 30 minutes in a row to shower & groom myself (Note: Since I became a mom, even the most mundane tasks like taking care of my eyebrows seem to be a challenge)... anyway, I came downstairs afterwards and all the chairs around the kitchen table were running 90 degrees off to the table, facing the back wall.  Sofie & her dad were wearing shoes and backpacks and pretending to fly on planes to visit Grandma & Grandpa.  I saw it, heard her making the zooming sounds of a plane flying, saw her jump up, smile, exclaim "Hi Grandma! Hi Grandpa! I missed you. I am so glad to see you.  I love you. Bye".. She and her dad took the trip many times that afternoon and it warmed my heart.  Apparently, she bullied Espen into putting the backpack and shoes on.  She also sat him on the plane.  I love that little girl.  I had to share.

Also, my hubby and I had a date on Sun night, and I got ready for it. Sofie was so excited, she had to get dressed up too.  She picked out her favorite dress, put it on carefully, found her necklaces, put them on, followed me into the bathroom and watched me apply makeup.  She was standing so still & watching so intently, I couldn't resist asking her if she wanted some makeup too.  I put some aqua eye liner on her top lids, giving her cat eyes.  It matched her dress even.  She looked so beautiful.  Then we did some fun hair stuff for her too.  After we walked downstairs, she put on these "platform" espadrille sandals & picked up this very small metal lunchbox for her purse & was ready to go.  She was accessorized to the max.  We all looked like a million bucks on the way to the babysitter. It was priceless.

Tonight, our visitors came back and are staying for an indeterminate amount of time (why oh why can't my husband just ask).  Sofie and I had a quiet night, and she was playing a lot while I folded the mountain of laundry that intimidates my hubby.  I got her to help me fold a twin sheet the right way. Then she discovered that sheets make excellent parachutes, and we had a ball.  There was hide and seek. There was wind. There was giggling.  There was tickling.  It was such a great stress reliever after a very long day with grumpy people.  How did I get so lucky?  She even fell asleep early tonight.  Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment