Thursday, September 20, 2012

What starts with "T"

Last night I came home from work and the husband announced that Sofie had her first homework assignment ever - she needed to bring a picture of something that started with the letter "t". He was freaking out because he thought we would need to take a picture and get it developed. My first thought was "what is something that starts with "t"... I definitely had blank mommy brain at that moment. Right before I went to bed, it occurred to me that we still hadn't resolved the issue, so I suggested that I draw a picture (duh). I grabbed her markers, a piece of paper, and decided a good word would be tree.  I drew the best tree ever... And then I put in flowers too because I couldn't resist.  I left it in the counter and went to bed.

Fast forward to mid morning.  The hubby called me to tell me that Sofie found the Picture when she woke up this morning,and she was delighted with it.  She held it during bottle, getting dressed, riding it the car, and refused to give it up when she got to school (to put it in her cubby) because mommy made it.  He thought it was charming.  Other parents pulled pictures out of books (desecration) or developed photos (huh? Overachievers?)... Sofie had the only hand drawn one in the class.

The funniest thing is that this afternoon when Sofie came home, her daily report card had her first (and only) sticker on it with a "good work, mommy" message.  Lol. I haven't gotten a gold star from a teacher in years!

No comments:

Post a Comment