Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Rosey glasses

We had the best long weekend. Sofie was attached to my arm in a death grip the whole time, but we managed to get around town alright. Her development has come so far - we were playing with the magnetic etch a sketch yesterday and she wanted me to make a eh-eh-min ... I couldn't figure it out. It sounded like vitamin to me... She laughed at me, dug around in her toy chest and out came the spiderman  flashlight.  She pointed and said eh-eh-min, and then I laughed, delighted we figured tur how to communicate.

We also went to the jumpa jumpa place (activity place for kids <7) and she made instantaneous friends with another pretty little girl in a pink skirt. They were both jumping on an airpad and tossing little balls/chasing them off the pad like maniacs. Anywhere Sofie went, the little girl followed.  I have one charismatic kid! I was so proud of her for making friends so fast with an older girl and handling the situation so well.  Also, they have this kiddie sized train that is arm propelled and she loves it.  She flies down the tracks so fast and has the best time. I want to remember.  When she reallysmiles, I hear birds singing and my heart laughs with her.  God I love that kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment