Saturday, January 12, 2013

Tough Saturday

I had a bronchoscopy a few days ago, and the doctor took me off my antibiotics/steroids in order to prepare for it.  He took samples of the gunk in my lungs and sent it to the labs for processing.  In the mean time, I am on sustaining asthma meds with no steroids & doing breathing treatments every 4 hours.  I can't breathe still, and it is hard.

The hubby has a bad tooth that he meant to get a root canal on last week but due to weather related problems had to delay.  He is in extreme pain, and his face is swollen.

We are a challenged duo, and I have no idea how we will survive a fast paced weekend with Sofie.  Oh, did I mention it is raining too?  LOL.

I am taking my breathing treatment now, while he watches her.  It is the first moment I have gotten off since 7:00.  I am tired. I am really ready for this lung disease to pass.  I can't wait to find out what it is and to eradicate it from my system.  I wonder if I will have to go to Phoenix to dry out my lungs?

I am sorry if I sound whiny today.  We have extenuating circumstances, and this has been going on since October 12.  Such a long time.

Sofie is doing really good overall.  She seems healthy and is growing like a weed.  She is past 42 inches and weighs about 33.5 pounds.  Her speech has improved so much, it is amazing.  The speech therapist is so pleased with her ability to make lots of sounds.  I think having me home has really helped her speech development.  LOL. I am not sure she understands everything yet.  We are really struggling with telling stories and having her follow along.  She does really well with books where you identify 1 word at a time.  I am working on things by telling stories in the evenings, and we let her watch the same television programs over and over again until she has every word down.  I only get a little mental by watching the same show 6 times in a row...

So, think good thoughts for us.  We are hanging by a thread.  If anyone wants to come over and babysit (and take Sofie to a rainy park), just give us a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment