Saturday, January 4, 2020

New Year New Challenges

I have been overweight a majority of my adult life, and I made a resolution to change that this year.

I started a nutritarian lifestyle on January 1st which means I am eating unlimited fruits and vegetables, 1 oz of nuts or seeds, and 1 serving of starch per day. (See Joe.l F.urhman “Eat to Live” for more info),

This is a huge change. Why am I doing it you ask? I have high blood pressure and am prediabetic. I suffer from inflammation in my joints and lungs.  I want to make a smaller carbon footprint on the planet. I want to live as long as I can.  With the SAD (standard American diet), I can’t solve any of these problems.

So I embarked on this new journey and went shopping on Dec 31. I have been eating all the stuff I should be eating. My knee pain is significantly less. I am down 6 pounds.  I committed to doing it 6 weeks and we will see what has changed by then.

Today, I also officially started training for the MS150, a 150 mile bike ride over 2 days to support multiple sclerosis. I did my first 14 mile run on my old hybrid bike (which needs a tuneup). I am so out of shape. I thought I would die but I finished it.  I have until May to get it together.

I’ll try to check in more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment