Thursday, October 13, 2011

Talking about updates

When things go so slowly, it is exasperating how everyone wants to know when we are leaving.  Now that we got the Article 5, I am more comfortable saying "hey, yeah, we could be picking her up in 6-8 weeks but who knows"... I wonder if it is like this being pregnant.  I suspect it is.  Thank goodness no one rubs my tummy!  I do get some excellent looks though when I tell people I am expecting a new child in a couple months.  LOL.

Colleagues and friends are asking about baby shower items, and I am completely at a loss as to what to put in a registry.  We don't know a lot about where Sofie is today, and it feels overwhelming.  I am thinking maybe I will just say your favorite kid book & favorite kid toy and see what happens.  I guess it could be total chaos with lots of duplicates.  I am really not used to registering for anything.  It is a weird feeling knowing that people are going to be giving gifts at all.  Don't get me wrong, I like it, but we eloped. There were no gifts.  I haven't gotten regular gifts for anything in years except for immediate family members, and even then... it isn't regular.  I will just have to cope with all the new virtual family (aunts, uncles, cousins) of this amazing person coming into our life.  Children seem to bring out humanity & love in even the crustiest of people.  Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment